ELDERCARE Archives

October 2016

ELDERCARE@LISTSERV.IHS.GOV

From:
"Finke, Bruce MD (IHS/NAS/AO)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elder Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2016 15:53:30 +0000
Great resources from the UA Center on Aging

From: "Rachel L. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, October 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM
To: "Rachel L. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Rebecca Tardiff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: UA Center on Aging Geriatric Education

Please forward these educational materials to your listservs. Copy Rebecca Tardiff, cc’d, to assist with our grant evaluation.

Navigating health insurance can be challenging, whether as a provider, patient or caregiver. The attached Elder Care and Care Partner sheets provide useful information on Medicare.

 For Health Professionals

The attached Elder Care sheet, “ABCDs of Medicare” explains the services covered by the different parts of Medicare. All of our Elder Care sheets are also available at this link<http://aging.arizona.edu/education_training/programs/elder_care>.

 For Care Partners (in English and Spanish)

The attached Care Partner sheet, “Dealing with Health Insurance” provides tips to help caregivers of dementia patients utilize the person’s Medicare benefits for their treatment. All of our other Care Partner sheets are available in English and Spanish at this link<http://aging.arizona.edu/content/care-partner-sheets>.

Please join us at noon Monday for our Advances in Aging (Geriatric Grand Rounds) lecture. Dr. Corinne Self, Assistant Professor of Medicine, will talk about Lewy Body Dementia. You can attend in person, or via web streaming<https://streaming.biocom.arizona.edu/event/?id=26790> or telemedicine.

You can also watch any of our archived lectures here<https://streaming.biocom.arizona.edu/categories/?id=46>.
Have a great day!

Rachel Peterson, MA, MPH
Health Educator, Senior
CDC Healthy Brain Research Network Scholar
University of Arizona Center on Aging
520-626-5808
1807 E. Elm Street, Tucson, AZ
http://aging.arizona.edu/

[ntr-on-Aging_PROMO_email]

To unsubscribe from the ELDERCARE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.ihs.gov/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ELDERCARE&A=1